It is my belief that we each put our soul into a home. The design, the layout of the rooms, the colors, the pictures we hang, the lights that illuminate our paths or our bed-side tables each say something about us. It involves vision, artistry and a clear understanding of the people who will use the "Living Spaces." I can help you insure that your soul fills your home easily.
This is a staging project I did for Deborah Stewart. Deborah is a real estate agent and investor with an eye for houses that can become homes and a passion to bring cut-up or abused houses back to a home with all the comforts.
The house had served many years as a rooming house. A lot of work had to be done repair the damage from neglect and to convert the house back to a single-family dwelling. The replacement windows came out; period windows went back in. Original brass fixtures, hidden by layers of paint over the years, were being stripped and polished. The kitchen was completely new; the second floor had heating and cooling. Once the construction dust was cleared away, Deborah had restored an absolutely perfect 1918 Arts & Crafts Bungalow. That's when I worked by magic.
Take an empty house, put it on the market and hope that potential buyers can imagine all the possibilities. Or, professional stage the same house. Show potential buyers the magic of the home.
Fact. Only 10% of buyers can recognize the potential.
Staging Experts of greater Louisville (SEL) knowledge of current buyers’ expectations leads to faster sales. According to SEL’s 2011 statistics, 84% of staged homes in greater Louisville spent an average of 16 days on the market before receiving a signed contract.
With 90% or more of buyers viewing homes on-line to decide whether to visit, it is of the utmost importance to give your viewers a reason to make the drive to your home. Staging Experts are well aware of this fact and strive to assure your rooms will not only show well but also photograph well.
It would be wonderful if we all lived in architecturally innovative rooms with lovely angles and huge windows and amazing ceilings. But in reality most of have a least one boring, boxy room to contend with. You know the kind: low ceilings, blah windows, zero molding, standard closet.
But starting out with a boring, boxy room doesn't mean you are doomed. There are ways to turn such spaces into amazing, artful, comfy spaces with tons of style. But you are going to have to take a few chances.
For something that looks so innocuous on a paint chip, color pushes our buttons like few other design details can. Everyone has opinions, and no one's shy about sharing — whether trying to convince you that a red kitchen will increase your appetite, a blue bedroom will help you sleep or a neutral palette is dull, dull and duller. Oh, and clashing colors? Don't even go there.
This is an interesting article that approaches this idea of "clutter" in a different way than most of us do. Click on the link to read the article. You'll find it interesting, I'm sure. I'd love to read your thoughts on "beautiful clutter."
Here is an interesting factoid from “Better Homes and Gardens” Facebook fan page.
“What do you do when one of your rooms needs a quick refresh?”
“59% Rearrange the furniture ……….
27% Add new accessories………….
14% Paint the Walls.”
Now my question:
Are you getting ready for the holidays? Wish you could freshen up your home? Take care of some quick re-decorating before your friends and family arrive for the festivities?”
And my answer:
You can! These are all tasks your designer/stager can do for you at a very low cost. A little paint can go along way to freshen up a space. Just moving a few pieces of furniture from one room to another can do the trick. And always, accessories are key to a new look.
One more question:
Would a complimentary consultation help get you ready for the Holiday Season?
One more answer:Call me today! Mention that you were on my website and receive a complimentary consultation. Let me show you how to make your home magical for the holidays!
Living Spaces can provide the answers for all your design and staging needs!
Imagine your spaces or your client’s simply reinvented, sometimes with nothing new added, just re-positioned. A good stager can do that for you.
Think about it … we know instinctively when positive energy is flowing around us in a space. When people comment on how comfortable and pleasant it is to visit your home or feel the excellent results after a meeting in your workplace, it is further indication that positive energy is flowing. I believe those subtle feelings are about balance. A good design stager knows how to achieve these balances using colors, textures and furniture placement. A mirror near a window, a plant, and organic textures are simple examples of how “placement” can change the feel of a space from negative to positive.
Good design should be affordable and accessible to all …. a homeowner ready for a change, a real estate agent and client who need to sell fast, or a builder with too many empty houses on the market. Folks think they can’t afford a decorator. They are afraid of the cost, but in the end a good design stager can save you tons of money. The statistics prove it every day in every market.
I have owned and operated Living Spaces for over 10 years as a part-time passion. After spending the last five years of my career in management for event planning and commercial design, and love of design is calling me back. Please check out my web site at www.livingspacesbylyn.com to see the many examples of my work and then CALL me!
Staging homes is an activity I love doing. One thrill for me is the artistry involved. The house, the room, the condo all become a “canvas” upon which I can work.
Another great satisfaction is knowing how effective staging is for my clients. Staging makes a home more attractive to potential buyers. If your home makes a good impression the first time a buyer walks through, they are much more likely to write a contract than to walk away and not come back.
I want to share with you what we call “10 Top Reasons Why You Should Stage Your Home.” I think you’ll agree that it makes good financial sense to let me help you sell your home by staging it properly.
Once you've read it, take a look at the links just to the left of this post. Take a look at the Staging pictures and see what can be done for your home.
1. To Sell Your Home Faster. Staging Experts of greater Louisville (SEL) knowledge of current buyers’ expectations leads to faster sales. According to SEL’s 2011 statistics, 84% of staged homes in greater Louisville spent an average of 16 days on the market before receiving a signed contract. For non-staged homes on the market 4 months or more, 100% had a signed contract in less than 30 days after staging.
2. To Make More Money.The condition of your home is a driving component of your asking price. As a result, Staging Experts strive to have homes in Showplace Condition BEFORE the house is put on the market. Staging Experts understand buyer demographics, area-specific staging styles throughout the greater Louisville area and current decorating trends.
3. Because the Prices of Homes Decrease the Longer They Stay on the Market. Typically, homes selling after 4 weeks on the market garner 6% less than ones selling within 4 weeks. Staging Experts know this and strive to stage homes BEFORE they reach the market. Staging should also be considered BEFORE a price reduction for homes marketed prematurely, as staging is ALWAYS less than a price reduction!
4. Your Online Photos will Stand-out Amongst the Competition.With 90% or more of buyers viewing homes on-line to decide whether to visit, it is of the utmost importance to give your viewers a reason to make the drive to your home. Staging Experts are well aware of this fact and strive to assure your rooms will not only show well but also photograph well.
5. Because it is Hard to View Your Own Home Objectively. Buyers will walk through your home with an unbiased eye. Staging Experts can help you evaluate your home from this perspective and address any problem areas or concerns in advance of buyers.
6. Because Only 10% of Buyers Can Successfully Visualize Potential. SEL understands the need to SHOW the potential for each space and not leave it up to the buyer to see past the current condition.
7. Because Staging Does Not Cost You a Dime.Home staging typically brings a 300% return on your investment!!
8. Because the Money Made on the Sale of Your Home May be Tax Free! There are not many types of income that qualify as tax free. Let a Staging Expert help you make the most of this opportunity by getting the highest price possible. And keep in mind you may be eligible for a deduction for the cost of staging.
9. Because Selling Your Home in AS IS Condition Only Sells Your Competition. Today’s market and buyers are different. Buyers expect (and can get) turn-key homes that need no attention except by choice. SEL know how and can do as much or as little as you desire to take your AS IS home to SELLING condition.
10. To Give Yourself Peace of Mind. Having a Staging Expert guide you through the overwhelming project of getting a home ready for the market can relieve your stress and anxiety of knowing what to tackle and how.
I've worked and lived in many places over the years. I've been in the hospitality industry, I've started and grown my own business as a high-end pet "resort" and I've traveled extensively. All of this has shown me how people live and how to make the most of where I happen to live at any given time.
My goal is to share my ideas with you about living spaces. That's the name of my business. "Living Spaces" are where our souls can range freely. A living space may be a house, an apartment, a garden or a single room. I offer you my vision to help make your living spaces special. To make sure your soul has room to roam in the living spaces you choose.
Just as each home is made of different rooms, each room is made of different design elements. These are the points of interest that define the room and, based on what you've told me, my vision for the room. Each one sets, and holds, the mood that fills the rooms.
One of the most important places in a home is the kitchen. Here is an example of a wonderful transformation. Originally, the kitchen had been separated from the breakfast room by a wall. Taking the wall out dramatically improved the flow of the two rooms. The windows, skylight, colors and other special touches added to the brightness and made it a wonderful space.